Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Thaipusam-Batu Cave

On 01 Feb, I have been to Bt. Cave for the Thaipusam. I dun really know much about his festival but what I know is that Thaipusam is all about" A test of Faith" and it is an annual Hindu Festival which celebrated by Tamil in Malaysia. It was an extraordinary event,devotees carried the kavadi, the kavadi is heavy and it was actually attached to the flesh...kinda squeamish....... Some carried a pot of milk... some have their heads shaved, piercing skin....It seems strange to me because I was told that the devotees feel no pain, bleed little and left no scars.... how this was possible????But some think that the white ash smeared on the body ,may help to numb the skin, but still it was unbelieveable ! The Hindu people are intense about their religion, and take some extraordianry measures to display their devotion.




"The belief in Lord Murugan is what prevents the pain and the bleeding"




Here are some of the pictures which taken on that day.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!! You didnt mention how many chinese did you count out there hahaha... :)

Py said...

I intended to count but it was unlikely to lift my legs up as it was too crowded that day so I failed to count.... " why counting with legs??" Ohhh... cos my hands were busy with the shooting..ahahaha (^.*)