Thursday, May 17, 2007

Errant cabbies damaging our country's image

I bought my car in 2005, in fact I didnt really want to spend so much money to buy a car but I realised that the public transport in Malaysia are still serving at a very poor condidtions... so I had no choice but bought the car with the hope to make my daily life easier... Anyway, car cant always get you to all the places you wish to go in time especially when it is a peak hour... so I still have to rely on certain kind of public transport and most of the time, I will park my car at certain station which I can get the KTM service from there. However, I still need to catch a cab as to get to places where monorail, KTM and LRT do not serve the area. But the thing is I found that there are many cabbies who still there to manipulate the passengers, they refuse to use the meter and they will tell you to pay in certain amount but that certain amount is always much more higher than the actual amount! A few days ago, I was there at the the KLCC and wanted to catch a cab to the herritage row from there. My friend and I got into a cab from there, the driver said:" RM 20.00". "Please use the meter" my friend replied. The driver insisted to charge us RM20.00, so my friend said:"No, you have to use the meter, it is illegal to charge with your own amount and you will be fined RM 300.00 for not using meter!" But the driver said:"I dun care and not afraid! you can just go and complain me, you can copy down my plate no and complain me!" *sigh* What kind of attitude???? You know what... what is so sarcastic is that the police were there as well... how could they let go all these errant cabbies in front of the TWIN TOWER and let the tourist bear with those cabbies???
While Malaysia is telling the whole world to visit Malaysia, down on the street what we can see are these errant cabbies and the situation when cabbies who caught by the police bargaining for summone!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow.. thats is smth new... sigh they r not scare at all...

Py said...

Actually it isnt something new in Msia.... see, even the police also dun care , so why would the cabbies be scared?But I think the other reason is that Msian are too negative and too lazy to logde a report in the related department, so no one ever done this before and even if we have the rules like that, there is no enforcement cos no one care to practise it...